About Semey State Medical University
Semey State Medical University - is one of the biggest higher medical education establishments of Kazakhstan Republi?, which has its own teaching hospital with the branches in the Pavlodar city. The biggest dynamics of university's infrastructure development is given to intensive growth opportunities of the educational, scientific and innovational prosperity. There are 8 faculties with more than 3685 students from all regions of Kazakhstan, from the neighboring countries and far abroad, and around 2000 doctors improve their qualification on postgraduate level. The strategic aim of Medical University is to joint needs of The East Kazakhstan region in health care service and to develop highly qualified medical faculty.
Mission of Semey State Medical University
Prepare of highly professional, competitive medical personnel of the rising generation which are ready to understand the problems of global health, solve strategic development objectives of the country in terms of formation of special branch of mutual cooperation of lecturers, students and employers; introduction of innovative technologies in all frames of university references; striving to assure competent approach in education and continuing professional education during the life-time; performance of society need in health protection of East Kazakhstan Oblast and Republic of Kazakhstan population.
CENTER OF PRACTICAL SKILLS
One of the priorities in KazNMU named after SDAsfendiyarov is to develop practical skills and communicative competence ofuniversity graduates. For this purpose, the university has opened modern Center of Practical Skills (CPS).
The CPS consists of the following units:
- Medical Simulation Center
- OSCE Center (an independent assessment of the knowledge and skills)
- Department of Instrumental and Functional Diagnosis
- Emergency Medicine Center
- Communication Skills Center
- Pharmaceutical skills Center
- Dental Skills Center
Medical Simulation Centre is equipped with a wide range of teaching aids - from of simple fantoms fortraining basic clinical skills to interactive programmable simulators for complex team simulations, such as the SimMan 3G.
Students- clinical skills are assessed in the OSCE Center using standardized techniques and simulated patients. Examinable areas include initial interview with a patient, medical inspection, ability to make differential diagnosis and to choose the correct treatment tactics.American system of medical licensing examinations technology (USMLE, step 2 Clinical Skills) is adapted and used in OSCE Center. The Center has a system for recording simulations with subsequent analysis of actions of trainees (debriefing).
Department of Instrumental Functional Diagnostics aims to teach students, interns and residents the methods of diagnosis of various diseases using modern diagnostic equipment. To practice diagnostic skills virtual methods are used as well as real diagnostic instruments - devices for electrocardiography, spirography and electroencephalography.
Emergency Medicine Center is designed for training skills in first aid and emergency not only for students, but for paramedics and civilians.
The main aim of pharmaceutical center of practical skills is to form practical competences of a graduate-pharmacist of KazNMU. There competences are being farmed on different levels of education from the first year till the end of educational process.
The of Pharmacy practical skills center mission of the Centre - is material - technical support for development and training skills of the future professionals. In line with the goals and objectives Center offers a variety of practical skills in the complexity of equipment and instruments pharmaceutical industry from simple to high tech.
In turn, in the center of practical skills in order to ensure the quality of the learning process methodic is carried out and is system engineering - maintenance introduced (ITO), which provides uninterrupted operation of machinery and equipment classes DAPC.
Center of practical skills in dentistry is designed to implement a new model of competence-oriented approach to KazNMU education. The purpose of the Center of practical skills in dentistry is continuous updating and implementation of new training and thematic learning plans of school using innovative educational techniques, forms and methods of teaching students.
Training for doctors of all specialties and covering all the levels from student to medical practitioners is held in the Center of communicational skills (CCS). Teaching is in 3 languages - Kazakh, Russian, English. Center of communicational skills works with leading specialists. It is equipped with training rooms, modern equipment for interactive learning. The theoretical basis is associated with clinical activity
CPS has a conference hall for 60 seats with modern projection device, two screens and Internet access for video conferencing.
CPS has a development concept for 2012-2014 according to which it is planned to gradually increase the range of teaching practical skills from basic to highly specialized, from individual to team-based simulations. It will be done on basis of constant improvement of material equipment including modern simulators and diagnostic apparatus with the future transformation of CPSinto a regional methodical center on training practical, communicative skills.
School of Public Health named after Khalel Dosmukhamedov has been established by the University Rector order in accordance with the decision of the Academic Council (Protocol - 2 dated October 27, 2009). The school is a part of the scientific and practical educational base of KazNMU.
Purpose: Training a new generation of public health through the integration of scientific disciplines, educational programs and practical skills, related disciplines in the field of public policy and health promotion
Structure of the Public Health School named after Khalel Dosmukhamedov:
- Department "Management and marketing in health care and pharmacy with the basics of law", "Economics in Healthcare", "Health Policy and Management"
- Center for Evidence-Based Medicine
- Research Center
- Youth Health Centre
- Club -Health Advocate-
The annual International Winter and Summer schools for undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD students, training health care providers the principals of management, Education PPP on the introduction of new teaching methods, training the teachers some aspects of evidence-based medicine.
Centre of evidential medicine carries out its activity in accordance with the main international requirements of the evidential medicine and qualitative clinical practice. Its aim is implementation of principles and methodology of evidential medicine into the educational process, public health organizations- activity and system of public health in general.
Postgraduate education institute was opened by University Rector order according to the disicion of Academic Council. On the base of postgraduate education institute of KazNMU training and retraining medical workers and professorial teaching staff is carried out. Fulfillment of state program on increasing qualification of medical organizations- workers is realized according to the agreement with the Ministry of Health Care of RK (order of Ministry of Health Care of RK NN 310, 554), and on commercial base. According to republic budget program 014 -advanced training and capacity building development within governmental body of healthcare - 1777 people attended the course. Governmental purchase has successfully been implemented with 100% result - 132 022 651,00tg. According to the theme - Creation of first sanitary medical help centers for population- 707 people from 4 regions of Kazakhstan: Almaty city, Almaty region, southern Kazakhstan, Kyzylorda region have attended the course. The total sum for this course reached 116 465 726,00tg. The total sum for paid educational services to the specialists of practical health care came to 82 902 434, 00tg.
For carrying out -Asian games- during the period from 10.01 22.01.2011 on the base of the Centre of CCE on rendering urgent medical aid the doctors and staff of middle range of urgent medical aid passed training free of charge (111 persons).
On the cycle of "Management" chief doctors of hospitals, deputy chief doctors, economists and chief book-keepers were taught.
On the cycle of "General practitioner" 74 doctors from Almaty and Zhambyl oblasts passed the additional training and increasing of qualification on special purpose transferts.
"Life sciences" Department is created and operated for the purpose of coordination and integration of interdisciplinary teaching and research on the problem of healthy and sick organisms, within the basic biomedical sciences the students here are involved into the formation of the doctors- professional competence fundamentals.
This mission is realized in the following major areas of the Department:
1. Education: further implementation of ECTS in the departments of basic disciplines (focused on student credit-modular system)..
2. Scientific: issues of life quality and longevity, translational medicine and global health..
3. Professional: development of professional, scientific, educational and personal competencies of teachers..
1. Further systematic improvement of educational programs
2. Ensuring academic mobility of students and faculty;
3. coordination of research activities within their own department and integrated (multidisciplinary) scientific issues;
4. learning through scientific research;
5. systematic improvement of the pedagogical and professional skills of the faculty departments
The list of members of -Life sciences- Department:
1. Department of Molecular Biology
2. Department of Physiology Course valeology
3. Department of Microbiology, Virology and Immunology
4. Department of Biochemistry
5. Department of Pathological Physiology
6. Department of General Immunology
The main idea of establishing a morphology center in KazNMU is to consolidate and deepen the most relevant research on the morphological departments, access the international arena, publishing in journals with impact factor and use the results obtained in the educational process.
In this regard, the main tasks of KazNMU morphology center are:
- Further in-depth study of the macroscopic structure of the whole organism
- Detection of microscopic, and ultramicroscopic immunomorfologic organization structure of tissues and cells of the human body in health and disease;
- Elucidation of the mechanisms of tissue homeostasis and its regulation (nervous, endocrine, immune);
- The study of patterns of responses of cells, tissues, organs and body as a whole to change environmental factors;
- Further development of physiological problems and the reparative tissue regeneration, tissue and organ regeneration organotypic;
- The study of the mechanisms of cell determination and differentiation, histogenetic aspects of malignant transformation of cells and tissues, the cellular mechanisms general pathologic reactions;
- Investigation of age-related changes of cells, tissues and organs;
- The study of patterns of human embryogenesis and prenatal pathology
- The study of the material, the structural basis of the disease, its morphological nature in all phases of development.
- The full and effective use of the KazNMU Anatomy Museum scientific and educational processes, combining drugs norm and pathology.
The list of departments, members of the Department, -Morphology-:
- Department of Normal Anatomy (Dosaev T.M.)
- Department of Pathology with the course of forensic medicine (Ismailova Yu.S.)
- Department of Histology (Yui R.I.)
- Department of Clinical Anatomy and Operative Surgery (Idrisov A.A.)
"School of Vaccinology" has been created by the decision of Academic Council, S.D. Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University, at the Department of Epidemiology and actively cooperates with the RPC (Research and Production Center) and monitoring of sanitary-epidemiological inspection Board of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance (BSSES), Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
School of Vaccinology is an educational center that provides new interactive forms of learning, designed to define new approaches to medical training in the field of infectious disease vaccine. Laying the foundations of the concept of continuing medical education in accordance with the best foreign samples and assist in improving people-s access to specific quality prevention of infection disease and maintain health.
Goal: to improve the professional knowledge and practical skills of students, undergraduates, doctoral students of KazNMU and other senior medical schools, practicing physicians Departments of Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance, professional specialists of primary health care, treatment and prevention organization (pediatricians, internists, obstetricians and gynecologists, dental hygienists, epidemiologists, hospital epidemiologists, nurses) on the immunization and improving research in this area.
Objectives: Conduct training cycles and improve the various modules of precinct problems vaccination for physicians, pediatricians, clinical allergy, clinical immunology, obstetricians maternity, antenatal clinics, surgical trauma items, nurses offices immunization, hospital epidemiologists, health care facilities, epidemiologists and managers with State Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance (SSES) issuance of certificates of the state sample, as well as for advanced students, secondary faculty and higher medical schools of Kazakhstani Ministry of Health on vaccination.
School currently holds scientific and technical project on -Educational and Informational Training of health workers and the public, the assessment of immunological effectiveness of vaccination against human papillomavirus infection-.
- A practical guide -standard definitions and algorithms for the activities of infectious and parasitic diseases- - in Kazakh
- Training manual for publication -Infections warn the immune system- - in Kazakh
- Created a popular scientific film - -Preventing cervical cancer in women by immunization- (15 min) - in Russian and Kazakh
- Variety of printed leaflets, brochures on immunization issues
- Educational and methodical complex of discipline (EMCD) in vaccinology was developed by international requirements
The activities of the -School of vaccinology,- increases the number of trained medical personnel for immunization, increasing their educational and informational training, the level of sound awareness of the need for vaccination to protect against infectious diseases, lowers antivaccinology sentiment among the population, which ultimately leads to a reduction in the frequency of the most frequent and socially significant diseases, improving the index of children-s health, reduce mortality and disability, improve the quality of the gene pool, the quality of life.